The three-member board of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) meets weekly in caucus to discuss current issues and receive invited briefings from agency staff.
Licensing staff briefed on the retail title certificate program before the Board learned about the agency's contracting process and equity programs in other legal cannabis markets.
Here are some observations from the Tuesday April 17th Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) Board Caucus.
My top 3 takeaways:
- WSLCB Licensing Director Becky Smith and Licensing Management Analyst Kaitlin Leeberg updated the Board on the retail title certificate program for Cannabis licensees in ban and moratoria jurisdictions (transcript, audio). See the Board Interim Policy approved at Wednesday’s Board Meeting for complete details on the new program.
- WSLCB Contracts Administrator Rachelle Amerine presented details on LCB and State of Washington contracting processes, including details on outreach to women- and minority-owned businesses (transcript, audio).
- During WSLCB Chair Jane Rushford’s report, conversation turned to equity programs in regulated Cannabis marketplaces around the country (transcript, audio). As the meeting wrapped up, WSLCB Member Ollie Garrett expressed interest in traveling to chat with officials setting up equity programs in other jurisdictions (transcript, audio).
Documents and Links
- Presentation - "Retail Title Certificate Program" (PPTX)
- Presentation - “Diversity Inclusion Efforts” (PPTX)
- Chart - “Spend Portfolio” (DOCX)
- Document - “Contractor’s Diverse Business Inclusion Plan” (DOCX)
- Document - “Language in our solicitation documents” (DOCX)
- Document - “Minority, Women, Veteran Owned and Small Business Guide for Participating in Government Contracts” (DOCX)
- Document - “New Procurements Checklist” (DOCX)
- Spreadsheet - “Percent Spend” (XLSX)
- Spreadsheet - “Sum of Dollars Spent” (XLSX)
- Complete Audio (MP3)
- Complete Transcript (Google Document)