HB 1094 – “Establishing compassionate care renewals for medical marijuana qualifying patients.”
- See Cannabis Observer’s summaries of HB 1094's committee report cutoff, opposite house cutoff, and sine die cutoff.
- On Friday April 26th, the bill was delivered to the Governor. Read the Bill as Passed Legislature.
- On Tuesday April 30th, Governor Inslee signed the bill. It joins Chapter 203 of the 2019 Session Laws with an effective date of July 28th.
- Governor Inslee remarked that the legislation “cuts down on the time and paperwork needed to renew medical marijuana authorization status.” He acknowledged the importance of the new law for those with “medical or behavioral limitations” and thanked the sponsor, Representative Brian Blake, and the sponsor of the companion bill Senator Dean Takko (video).
- See the ceremony’s official photos.