Here are some observations from Tuesday’s WSLCB Traceability Advisory Committee meeting (July 24, 2018).
My top 3 takeaways:
- The Committee was updated on the MJ Freeway contract renewal (transcript, audio).
- MJ Freeway was given a 6-month extension, until October 24, 2018, not a full year renewal.
- MJ Freeway must hire an additional full-time, certified project manager.
- MJ Freeway will be fined $18750/week after October 24th if they do not complete the goals set forth in the contract and its amendments.
- MJ Freeway must provide a rolling two-week schedule and budget for each task and QA test necessary to meet the October 24 deadline.
- WSLCB hedged on the contract deadline, which was suggested by MJ Freeway but not thoroughly vetted by WSLCB staff. The deadline may be changed through a subsequent contract amendment.
- MJ Freeway has not successfully released a new version of Leaf since March.
- The draft State Auditor’s Office Report is in the Governor’s Office (transcript, audio).
- The audit started in late 2016, looking at traceability data through summer 2017.
- The focus of the audit is on traceability data analysis to identify “high-risk cannabis businesses.” The report could inform development of algorithms for automated analysis of traceability data for irregularities.
- The Report should be finalized by August 1 and subsequently published on the SAO website.
- There will be a public hearing on the report before the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC) on September 26.
- The Committee received an update on the Gartner Consulting IV&V Report (transcript, audio).
- Now scheduled to be completed by August 31, 2018.
- Extra time is said to be needed to analyze stakeholder input and allow for LCB review.
Here are documents from the July 24th WSLCB Traceability Advisory Committee meeting and additional relevant documents obtained via public record requests.
- Agenda (Word Document)
- Slidedeck (Powerpoint)
- WSLCB Notes (Word Document)
- MJ Freeway Contract K907 (July 12, 2017)
- MJ Freeway Contract Amendment #1 (Feb 1, 2018)
- MJ Freeway Contract Amendment #2 (April 2, 2018)
- MJ Freeway Contract Amendment #3 (July 10, 2018)
- Office of the Washington State Auditor (March 2017) – “Liquor and Cannabis Board: Optimizing audit resources using risk assessment” (PDF Document)
- Complete Audio (MP3)
- Complete Transcript (Google Document)