The Washington State House Labor and Workplace Standards Committee (WA House LAWS) considers issues relating to industrial insurance, unemployment compensation, collective bargaining, family leave, safety and health standards, occupational health, and employment standards such as wage laws and employment discrimination. The committee also considers issues relating to the building and construction trades.
- HB 2171 - "Concerning vested vacation or paid time off upon an employee's termination."
- HB 2239 - "Prohibiting unjustified employer searches of employee personal vehicles."
- HB 2401 - "Concerning the use of artificial intelligence in job applications."
- HB 2511 - "Providing labor protections for domestic workers."
- HB 2585 - "Providing discretion to the director of the department of labor and industries to waive or modify penalties and violations when action is taken to avoid imminent danger of loss of life or serious injury."
- HB 2646 - "Reducing work-related musculoskeletal disorders in the health care sector."
- HB 2681 - "Preventing harassment, abuse, and discrimination experienced by long-term care workers."
- HB 2715 - "Concerning minimum labor standards for certain employees working at an airport or air navigation facility."
- HB 2740 -
"Concerning the employment of individuals who lawfully consume marijuana."(No action taken)
- HB 2748 - "Concerning parking cash out programs."
- HB 2758 - "Recognizing posttraumatic stress disorders of 911 emergency dispatch personnel."
- HB 2763 - "Concerning interest arbitration for department of corrections employees."
- HB 2814 - "Developing best practices for the child care industry as recommended by the child care workforce commission."