The Washington State Senate Ways and Means Committee (WA Senate WM) considers the operating and capital budget bills and related legislation, including the authorization of state debt. The committee also deals with tax policy and other fiscal issues such as pension policy and compensation in addition to bills with operating budget fiscal impacts.
- SB 6248 - "Concerning the capital budget."
- SB 6254 - "Protecting public health and safety by enhancing the regulation of vapor products."
- SB 6331 - "Concerning captive insurance and independently procured commercial insurance."
- SB 6172 - "Extending the business and occupation tax exemption for amounts received as credits against contracts with or funds provided by the Bonneville power administration and used for low-income ratepayer assistance and weatherization."
- SB 6366 - "Exempting a sale or transfer of real property for affordable housing to a nonprofit entity, housing authority, or public corporation from the real estate excise tax."
- SB 6512 - "Providing housing to school district employees."
- SB 6654 - "Providing that qualified dealer cash incentives paid to auto dealers are bona fide discounts for purposes of the business and occupation tax."
- SB 6665 - "Changing the expiration date for the sales and use tax exemption of hog fuel to coincide with the 2045 deadline for fossil fuel-free electrical generation in Washington state and to protect jobs with health care and retirement benefits in economically distressed communities."
- SB 6231 - "Limiting the property tax exemption for improvements to single-family dwellings to the construction of accessory dwelling units."
- SB 6491 - "Exempting electric boat motors from sales and use tax."
- SB 6564 - "Providing incentives to employers to hire certain hard-to-place job seekers."
- SB 6188 - "Concerning the consumption of alcohol for certain special events held on agricultural fairgrounds."