The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) convenes a meeting of the three-member Board every two weeks to consider formal rulemaking actions and hear public testimony.
WSLCB delayed moving forward on marijuana signage changes to “make that even stronger” and plans two more board meetings outside Olympia in 2019.
Here are some observations from the January 23rd WSLCB Board Meeting.
My top 3 takeaways:
- The Board delayed action on rulemaking regarding changes to mandatory marijuana signage (audio – 1m, video).
- The CR-102 to update the signs licensees must post on licensed premises had been scheduled for approval but was postponed. As recently as the previous day’s board caucus (January 22nd), the Board was prepared to adopt the proposed changes. “We’ll be coming back to that, probably in a month,” explained Board Chair Jane Rushford, “we have some work that we want to do beforehand. To make that even stronger.”
- The Board plans two additional meetings outside of Olympia in 2019 following the success of their Spokane meeting earlier this month (audio – 1m, video).
- Approving the January 9th board meeting minutes, Rushford said the eastern Washington trip was “very successful” and spoke appreciatively of the participation of those involved. Rushford: “We’re going to be taking at least two more board meetings on the road this year.”
- Here is Cannabis Observer’s summary of the January 9th board meeting.
- Rulemaking was opened for acceptance of out-of-state tribal identification cards by licensees (audio – 2m, video).
- Policy and Rules Coordinator Janette Benham said the effort to revise WAC 314-11-025 was raised by legislative inquiry. According to Benham, the change would “explore adding the process for approval of the enrollment cards to the rule. Currently, we have a process in place that then adds the approved enrollment cards to our webpage and looks at the process, formalizing that process in rule.” She anticipated the rule to be finalized near the end of June.
Documents and Links
- Complete Audio (MP3)
- Webinar (GoToWebinar)
- Complete Video (Periscope)