The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) Traceability Advisory Committee convened between January 2017 and August 2019 to discuss cannabis supply chain transparency in Washington state. The Committee was composed of agency staff, traceability software vendor representatives, industry stakeholders, a representative from the Washington State Office of the Chief Information Officer (WA OCIO), and a quality assurance vendor.
WSLCB - Traceability Advisory Committee
(July 24, 2018)
- USA - Washington
- Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB)
- WSLCB - Traceability Advisory Committee
Tuesday July 24, 2018 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Observed
The Committee received updates on MJ Freeway's contract renewal and the Gartner Consulting IV&V report.
Here are some observations from the Tuesday July 24th Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) Traceability Advisory Committee meeting.
My top 3 takeaways:
- The Committee was updated on the MJ Freeway contract renewal (transcript, audio).
- MJ Freeway was given a 6-month extension, until October 24, 2018, not a full year renewal.
- MJ Freeway must hire an additional full-time, certified project manager.
- MJ Freeway will be fined $18750/week after October 24th if they do not complete the goals set forth in the contract and its amendments.
- MJ Freeway must provide a rolling two-week schedule and budget for each task and QA test necessary to meet the October 24 deadline.
- WSLCB hedged on the contract deadline, which was suggested by MJ Freeway but not thoroughly vetted by WSLCB staff. The deadline may be changed through a subsequent contract amendment.
- MJ Freeway has not successfully released a new version of Leaf since March.
- The draft State Auditor’s Office Report is in the Governor’s Office (transcript, audio).
- The audit started in late 2016, looking at traceability data through summer 2017.
- The focus of the audit is on traceability data analysis to identify “high-risk cannabis businesses.” The report could inform development of algorithms for automated analysis of traceability data for irregularities.
- The Report should be finalized by August 1 and subsequently published on the SAO website.
- There will be a public hearing on the report before the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC) on September 26.
- The Committee received an update on the Gartner Consulting IV&V Report (transcript, audio).
- Now scheduled to be completed by August 31, 2018.
- Extra time is said to be needed to analyze stakeholder input and allow for LCB review.