HB 1415 – “Modifying funding of the medical marijuana authorization database.”
- See Cannabis Observer’s summary of HB 1415's committee report cutoff, opposite house cutoff, and sine die cutoff.
- On Friday April 26th, the bill was delivered to the Governor. Read the Bill as Passed Legislature.
- On Tuesday April 30th, Governor Inslee signed the bill. It joins Chapter 220 of the 2019 Session Laws with an effective date of July 1st.
- Commenting on the legislation, the Governor said it had been requested by the Department of Health to “streamline and improve how the medical marijuana authorization database is funded.” He noted the change from an “annual reimbursement” from the Health Professions Account to a “direct appropriation” from the Dedicated Marijuana Account would “be more efficient.” Inslee thanked the bill sponsor, Representative Joe Schmick, and the Senate companion sponsor, Senator Emily Randall (video).
- See the ceremony’s official photos.